Photobucket

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Harris' Cameo on True Blood

Now we have all heard about the cameo appearance of Charline Harris,writer of the Sookie Stackhouse novels, in season 2. Well everyone we finally will get to see her at Merlotte's this coming Sunday!! If it was not for her we would not be able to enjoy (obsessively) the brilliant wonderful show True Blood or its characters!!

From Charlaine’s blog and website June 21, 2009

As I’ve said elsewhere on the board, last Friday (June 19) I spent an afternoon on the set of “True Blood.” I enjoyed the experience, of course, and it was great seeing Alan Ball, his wonderful henchmen Christina Jokanovich and Gianna Sobol, writer Alexander Woo, director Michael Cuesta, and some of the wonderful actors who make up the cast: Rutina Wesley, Sam Trammell, Carrie Preston, Chris Bauer, Patricia Bethune, and Todd Lowe.

However, though I already knew that there was a crew to support all the actions in the show, I hadn’t realized how many people there were. It was amazing to see everyone who works behind the scenes. There were so many of them, and they work so hard. Makeup artists, hair artists, light men, sound men, continuity people . . . the list goes on and on. Everyone knows what to do, and somehow it all gets done; taking all these people working at the same moment to get one little bit of film.

It was a very interesting afternoon, and I hope I didn’t get in the way too much. I actually spoke a line, but it may end up on the cutting room floor. I almost hope so. I’m no actress. I think the brief time I spend on the set was really illuminating, and it was certainly a fascinating afternoon. I appreciate them putting up with me.

I was there most of the afternoon, though only an hour or so was taken up with shooting my scene. I ate lunch with Alan, talked to the cast when they weren’t working, had my makeup and hair done, watched the shooting on video, and toured the set of Sookie’s house.

I am no actress. But since I was in the scene with Sam, I just felt I was talking to him, and that made it much easier.

The writer of the episode, Alexander Woo, actually wrote that line down so I could remember it. I have to see things before I can learn them.

No comments: