Photobucket

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quotes.......

First Taste

Sookie: Do I taste different from other people?
Bill: Yes. What are you?
Sookie: Well, apparently I'm not dead. What I am is telepathic. I can hear people's thoughts.
Bill: Even mine?
Sookie: No. That's why I like you so much. I can't hear you at all. You have no idea how peaceful that is after a lifetime of "blah, blah, blah."
Bill: May I ask you a personal question?
Sookie: Bill, you were just licking blood out of my head. I don't think it gets much more personal than that.

------------------------------------------------------

Bill: There must be some people who know about your talent.
Sookie: Only the people closest to me. But we never talk about it. I do my best to stay out of their heads. Over the years, I've learned how. I figured it's kind of unethical to listen into my family, my friends, my boss. They know. Other people suspect or they they think I'm psychic. Most people just think I'm crazy.
Bill: What does it sound like?
Sookie: It sort of like a stream of consciousness. It's gets weirder when people are made or upset. Sometimes... sometimes it's just images... I should be gettin' home. Wow, I'm completely healed.
Bill: You are.
Sookie: Do doctors know that V juice can do this?
Bill: No and we wanna keep it that way... I should walk you to your car.

----------------------------------------------------

Sookie: How old are you? Am I allowed to ask that?
Bill: I was made a vampire in 1865, when I was thirty human years old.
Sookie: Wow, you look older than that.
Bill: Life was harder then.
Sookie: Were you in the Civil War?
Bill: I was.
Sookie: Would you be willing to come and talk to my grandmother's club? It's mostly a bunch of old people who had family in the war. They call themselves Descendants of the Glorious Dead.
Bill: The glorious dead? There is nothing glorious about dying in a war. A bunch of starving, freezing boys killing each other so that the rich can stay rich. Madness.
Sookie: I'm sure it was awful.
Bill: Would it make you happy if I did this?
Sookie: Oh, it would make my grandmother ecstatic.
Bill: Would it make you happy?
Sookie: Well... yes.
Bill: I'll do it then. I look forward to meeting your grandmother. When may I call on you?
Sookie: I'm off work tomorrow.
Bill: Just after dark than.

-----------------------------------------------------

Sookie: Well, since you're here...
Sookie: What's wrong?
Bill: You have to invite me in. Otherwise, it's physically impossible for me to enter a mortal's home.
Sookie: Seriously? Well come on, try.
Bill: I can't. I can't even try.
Sookie: That is so weird! Oh Bill, won't you please come in?
Bill: Thank you.
Sookie: So, if I were to withdraw my invitation, would you have to leave?
Sookie: I'll have to remember that.

---------------------------------------------------

Sookie: You said you could glamor somebody into letting you bite them? What is that? Hypnosis?
Bill: Kinda similar. All humans are susceptible to it.
Sookie: Have you ever done it to me?
Bill: No and I never will.
Sookie: Really? Try it.
Bill: No. I don't feel comfortable with that.
Sookie: You chicken?
Bill: Sookie?
Sookie: Yes?
Bill: Can you feel my influence?
Sookie: No! Not a bit! Sorry.
Bill: Sookie, this is very strange.
Sookie: You don't like not being able to control people, do you? That's not a very attractive trait, Bill.
Bill: Human are usually more squeamish about vampires than you are.
Sookie: Who am I to be squeamish about something out of the ordinary?

No comments: