Photobucket

Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Top 15 Vamp Movies....

Ok in response to OK!'s Countdown of Hotest Vamp Couples I have decided to make my own list of what I think are the best vampire movies.

#15 Interview With a Vampire


Likes/Dislikes: I loved Anne Rice's Vampire Novel's. Even though I feel as though the books were way better then either movie that they made, this was a pretty decent version of it. I liked pretty much everything in the movie except the fact that it is very hard for me to watch Tom Cruise as the vampire Lestat...lol Even though he was ok in the part I feel they really could have done better int he movie if there was someone else portraying the role.

#14 Bram Stoker's Dracula


Likes/Dislikes: Loved Gary Oldman as Dracula, I thought he was a very seductive vamp. Also loved Anthony Hopkins as Van Helsing. Although I pretty much like his portrayal of everything I have seen him in, I liked his bit of a comedic in a sense role that he brought to the movie. I hated Keanu Reeves as Johnathon Harker, I was awaiting throughout the entire movie to either say "Dude" or "that's totally bogus"...lmao Also did not like Winnona Ryder's as Mina. Frankly she just gets on my nerves.

#13 From Dusk Till Dawn


Likes/Dislikes: Thought this was a great movie. Loved Quentin Tarantino and George Clooney. Fav scene was when Cheech Marion was outside selling Pussy...lmao Overall it was a pretty good flick. I did not like the fact that when I went to the theater to see this movie anticipating a vamp movie, I pretty much was like WTF through the entire thing until towards the end when you finally got to see the vampires...lol

#12 Monster Squad


Likes/Dislikes: I thought this movie was fantastic. I thought it had some funny as hell scenes in it with the kids. Although this movie should be watch by parents before they let their children see it, only because there is adult language and inuendos as well as it may be to scary for some. Other then that it was great...lol "Wolfman Gots Nards"...lmao

#11 Van Helsing


Likes/Dislikes: I thought this was a cool movie. The special effects were great and so was the concept of the story line. I liked that fact that they were suggesting that Dracula was a fallen angel and Van Helsing was the angel Gabriel. I really liked the actor who portrayed Dracula, I thought he was nice and seductive. There were a few funny parts and quotes in the movie that I thought was cool. There really was not much I did not like about this movie except for the bit of a sappy ending...lol

#10 Stephen King's THe Night Flier and Salem's Lot are tied in this spot



Likes/Dislikes: I feel both were fantastic movies. There is really nothing I can say bad about either one of them. They are both fantastic and Love Stephen King so what would you expect...lol Although amny people know of Salem's Lot, I don't know many who know of The Night Flier. If you have never seen it, rent it you will not be disapointed.

#9 John Carpenter's Vampires


Likes/Dislikes: I thought this was a fantastic movie. I loved James Woods, he was funny as shit in this movie. Thomas Ian Griffith's portrayal of Valek, the master vampire, was awesome. He was plain old ruthless!!! There was nothing romantic about these vampires, they "lived" (haha) up to the name Monsters!!!

#8 Underworld Evolution


Likes/Dislikes: Great sequel to the 1st movie. Liked how it explained a bit for the 1st one on what all was being talked about and how it all started.

#7 Underworld


Likes/Dislikes: Thought this was a great flick. It brought a new way of looking at vampires. Loved the fact that they were in a war with the werewolves as they were called "Licans" in the movie. The special effects were phenominal. Kate Beckesale was great as Selene. It was an action packed movie, what more could you want?!

#6 The Dark Prince: The True Story of Dracula


Likes/Dislikes: This is a story based on the man known as Vlad "The Impaler". Bram Stoker based his story of Dracula on this person. I liked this movie because it was about him more then the myths.

#5 The Lost Boys


Likes/Dislikes: Come on it is the Lost Boys!!! You have Keifer Sutherland and Jason Patrick portraying 2 Teens, one a bad boy and the other new to the town, that just want to have a good time and that don't like eachother and want the same girl, oh and did I mention they were vampires...lol What kind of person wouldn't like a movie full of teenage bloodsuckers...lol

#4 Fright Night


Likes/Dislikes: This is a classic!! Need I saw anymore?!...lol If you have not seen this movie there is something wrong with you!!

#3 Twilight


Likes/Dislikes: LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!! Event hough people were saying it is a teeny bopper movie , I agree only to an extent. Yes, they are teens and possibly steers more towards them, but I am 30 years old and am hooked on the movie...lol What girl/woman of any age would not want to have a boyfriend like Edward Cullen?! After I am don't with my Sookie Stackhouse novels, I am planning on reading the Twilight books. Even though the vamps have no vamp teeth and they tend to glitter instead of bursting into flames in the sunlight, I have to say this movie was fantastic!!!

#2 Hammer's Brides of Dracula (1960)


Likes/Dislikes: This is an age old classic. Maybe not as classic as Bella Legosi's Dracula, but a classic horror film just the same. I loved this movie ever since I was a kid, and to this day still consider it one of my favorite films. Granted, to some poeple, this movie may make them laugh since th special effects are very old, but I still think it is one of the greatest vampire films out there.

#1 1977 BBC Count Dracula - with Louis Jourdan
(can not find a trailer for this movie but here are a few clips)


Likes/Dislikes: There is nothing bad I can say about this film. To me this is my all time favorite Vampire/Dracula movie ever made!! Even though it was a BBC made for TV movie, I think this is the best one of all time!!! it is abit long, like I think 3 hours...lol, but it is well worth sitting through it and you don't even notice the time. Louis Jordan portrays Count Dracula. I know many people, unless you are a vamp/horror fanatic knows of this film. I would advise anyone who has never seeen it before to go and rent this film, curl up in a blanket with some popcorn in the dark and enjoy!!!

No comments: