Photobucket

Friday, July 15, 2011

Joe Mangaiello Loves Playing Wolf


Joe Manganiello has said that he loves the experience of playing a werewolf on True Blood.

The actor, who joined the HBO series full-time as Alcide Herveaux for True Blood's fourth season, told Parade that he relishes the times that his character gets to partake in "werewolf moments".

Manganiello explained: "I love the moments where I get to play the werewolf and do some sniffing and tracking. Last year I loved cooking my steak and going off to eat it without a fork.

"I love all of those little werewolf moments. I incorporated growling into Alcide's character. If he didn't like something, he'd growl."

He went on to tease the developments that Alcide will face during True Blood's new season, adding: "There is a moment this season where I turned to the producer and said, 'I feel like I'm playing a different character on a different show all of a sudden'. Alcide starts to arc this season into... something.

"That thing that he's been afraid of being, that thing he hates about himself, that he hates about his own kind. He really starts to wrestle with that. It was really fascinating for me to play and hopefully will be for the audience to watch."

Manganiello has promised that more of Alcide's backstory will be explored on this season of True Blood.

Source: Digital Spy

No comments: