Photobucket

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Stephen Moyer Talks With PopEater



I love that the show isn't really a vampire show.
Me and Ryan (Kwanten) for the first year and a half when anybody asked us about it we would say it's not a vampire show. It's hard to say it isn't a vampire show but I think it's about Bon Temps, it's about Sookie and it's about how the rest of the town and the rest of humanity react to having vampires or something else in their midst and that's a metaphor for anything that you want it to be. I think it's a bloody good drama that happens to have vampires in it.

Does playing someone from the 19th century with old world manners make you more polite around women?
No, I try and get them to do everything for me. I do it for like 14, 15 hours a day on set and I'm a bastard off set. I don't think so, I'm English and we come from a place where that's very much part of your existence. I think I've got fairly good manners but I wouldn't want to eat with me.

Are you very English with what you eat? Baked beans on toast, Marmite?
Definitely Marmite, not your fu**ing Vegemite crap.

How dare you!
I was making breakfast for my daughter this morning and I was like, 'Cereal or toast?' and she called out, 'Marmite on toast!' I've got a brilliant website that I found where I can watch all the cricket, I follow the English football season very closely, but I've embraced America, I really enjoy baseball. I love it here.

Are you like a girl with dieting for all your shirtless scenes?
Oh it's a nightmare. What's interesting is and I think this is a good way of looking at dieting, is that I'm only having to steer clear of that for now. So I'm not giving it up forever because I want to be fit and healthy and look good for this particular thing, it doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to have mashed potatoes immediately after we finish that scene. When I first started doing it I found it really difficult but now I've looked at it like that, so those three or four weeks when I'm being really super healthy, I'm like this is fun. I enjoy it.

What's the first food you turn to after those scenes?
Spaghetti bolognese. In England we call it spag bowl.

Lots of grated cheese on top?
Oh yeah, a sh*t load.

Read Full Interview Here

No comments: