Photobucket

Saturday, June 18, 2011

One Hot Mama!!!

Elizabeth Reaser On Twilight, The Art Of Getting By, and True Blood!!




Elizabeth Reaser isn’t anybody’s idea of a perfect mom in the upcoming indie The Art of Getting By. Her Charlotte Howe is a woman who spends her days lounging around in negligees and trying to slip midday lovers past her teenage daughter, played by Emma Roberts. That's about as far as you can get from Esme Cullen, the flawless matriarch of the vampire clan in the Twilight films, Reaser’s most well-known role to date. She’s also popped up on Grey's Anatomy and as Will’s girlfriend Tammy on The Good Wife (watch your back, Alicia), and she’ll soon be seen in the new Jason Reitman–Diablo Cody film, Young Adult. Vulture talked to Reaser about tickling Freddie Highmore, drumming in an all-mom movie band, and — the big question — which is sexier: Twilight or True Blood?

Did she pepper you with Twilight questions?

Yes! She’s a bit of a Twihard. I remember she was Team Jacob at one point. She definitely played it cool, though. Those movies, I’m always surprised when older kids are obsessed with them. You’d think they’d be too-cool-for-school for them. But the films seem to capture all ages. I’ve met a lot of Twi-Moms. I get a little uncomfortable when they start talking about Taylor Lautner’s body, because I’m like, “He’s a baby! Don’t talk about him like that!” But the movies definitely capture the imagination of even older women. I’m 35, so I guess I would be a Twi-Mom

True Blood is about to start up again. Are you a fan, considering the show shares Twilight’s vegetarian-vampire idea?

I love True Blood! I’m definitely Team Eric. And Team Alcide. I must say, I just love how he’s protective of her and sweet to her. The way Bill betrayed Sookie, that was so upsetting. I didn’t even expect that at all. And I love Anna Paquin. She’s such an odd, cool character. It seems so completely outside of the world of Twilight. I mean, theirs is so much more sexy!

Read Full Interview Here

No comments: